Like most women, you have also experienced some discomfort during your period, as well as guilt over the environmental waste that comes from using tampons and sanitary pads.
You've also heard your friends talking about tampons or menstrual cups or seen advertising for them. Perhaps you've also heard of the term "period panty"? For women, there is a growing demand for this period's panties. Because they resemble conventional underwear, they serve no purpose other than to absorb blood. Still there are some women who are still not aware of period panties and how to use them. No worries, this blog will provide you with every information about them. From the material used to how they are made, everything will make you aware of the product and make you feel why it is the best sanitary product for you.
Let’s know what period panty is.
Period panties are reusable underwear with extra layers and special fabrics in the crotch area that absorb menstrual fluid. The period panty can be worn without a sanitary napkin thus making your periods comfortable and worry-free. They are leak-proof, waterproof, and quickly wick off moisture so you stay dry and fresh.
The panties are easy to wash and can be reused for up-to 2 years. The panties are made of premium-grade cotton spandex and anti-microbial finish fabric at the crotch area that gives a skin-friendly and rash-free experience during periods.
Why are D’chica Period Panties Safe To Use?
At D’chica they are committed to their #madewithlove motto. Hence the period panties samples have gone through extensive third-party lab testing to ensure that they do not have any harmful PFOA & PFOS as well as Phthalates and are made with quality materials that are safe to use. D’chica’s Third Party Lab tested, PFAS ( PFOA & PFOS), phthalate toxin-free Period Panties are super absorbent and leak-proof period panties made with 4 layers so that you can have a worry and leak-free period.
Now, what are PFOA & PFOS?
PFOA & PFOS are man-made “forever” chemicals, not found naturally in the environment. The compounds are harmful to human health and have been classified as possibly carcinogenic ( likely to cause cancer) to humans.
What Are Phthalates?
Phthalates are chemicals that have been demonstrated to be endocrine disruptors and can be detrimental to health. Phthalates can be found in products that have contact with plastics during production, packaging, or delivery. Chronic exposure to phthalates may adversely influence the endocrine system and functioning of multiple organs, and reproductive systems in both young children and adolescents.
How to use Period Panty/Panties properly?
- You can wear them normally like underwear.
- Rinse the underwear with cold water
- Machine wash post-rinsing out menstrual fluid or hand wash like regular underwear
- During heavy periods, it is advisable to change your panties more than once in a day
Reasons why reusable period panties are worth a try!!!
- Leak Proof & Stain Free
- Skin Friendly & Rash Free
- Breathable & Comfortable
- Pocket Friendly In The Long Run
- Reduces Disposable Waste
- You earn brownie points from mother nature, by polluting her less!
What makes period panties superior to a pad?
- It gives a longer stain-free and odor-free experience! These are made with 4 layers that make it worth it.
- The first layer is made with antimicrobial cotton lining
- The second layer is made with anti-pilling fleece with laminated coating
- The third layer is made with laminated TPU
- The fourth layer is made with cotton viscose lycra ( visible from the outside)
- These period panties assure that they are skin-friendly, give you a rash-free experience, and make you feel comfortable! Simple to clean and durable.
How to wash a Period Panty?
Washing your period panties is easier than ever! It’s Super easy. Here is a list
of steps that will make your washing experience hassle-free, simple and whole-period experience hygienic.
- Step 1 - Soak the underwear in cold water for 7-10 minutes
- Step 2 - Rinse out menstrual fluid
- Step 3 - Machine wash or hand wash like normal underwear with regular
or liquid detergent
- Step 4 - Lay them flat to dry naturally in the sun
- Step 5 - Store in a dry place
Ready to give period panties a try? Pick up a pair of D'Chica's period panties. Our cotton panty is a reusable alternative to tampons and pads. They can be washed and worn again and again. Use it as a replacement for disposable products or as a backup.